BizTalk360 - Monitoring

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. A great place to post your ideas and vote up others. Please share your stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

Please note this site is only to get future ideas and suggestions. If you have any technical challenges with the current version of BizTalk360 please use our support site

You can provide any ideas/suggestions related to improving BizTalk360 monitoring capabilities in this forum.

1. Stop and disable the host instance when auto correction is set to Disabled

There is no way for setting Stopped and Disabled states – not for monitoring or auto-correct behavior.

The problem this is creating for me is that if someone inadvertently starts a secondary FTP Receive Host Instance (as someone did recently) I want BizTalk360 to:

1. alert me that this Host Instance is in an unexpected state
    2. have auto-correct set it to the desired state – Disabled
    3. and stop the running service – because it should never have been started and must be stopped:
    a. Set to disabled and left running is not what I need
    b. Setting ‘Desired…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. HPSM integration

Biztalk 360 for integration with HP Service Manager – the ticketing tool.

I have seen some option for integration with the HP Operations Manager but I wanted to know if there is any way of integrating with HPSM.

sivasubramaniam.v@hpe.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Web Endpoint Monitoring should have configurable 'pinging' interval

We would like to check a web endpoint less often than once a minute to reduce overhead.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to monitor SSO service and clustered services

Our BizTalk runs on two application servers and two Db servers. We are facing one problem where we have now clustered our SQL server enterprise single sign on service, so if one of the sql server is down, the SSO sign on service will move to another node.

Earlier the monitoring setup in BizTalk360 was Ent SSO service on both the sql nodes were set as started. Now it is running on one node at a time and the second is inactive. There can be a condition where this node can be down, so other SSO service node will be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Results of a Secure SQL Query to a data monitoring

It would be nice if results of a Secure SQL Query to a data monitoring alarm.

By Christopher

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Combine Threshold Monitoring with Data Monitoring

When creating a new Alarm you must enable one or more of the 3 independent alarm types:
    - Threshold
    - Health
    - Data Monitoring

There does not seem to be any logical reason that when an alarm should monitor Thresholds that it shouldn't also be monitoring Data and vice versa.
    We ran into an issue when we built some DB Query Monitors and attached them to Alarms that didn't have Threshold monitoring enabled, only Data Monitoring. We never received alerts when the DB Query was triggering a failure. Only upon detailed investigation when we noticed that we were in a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Check inbound file size < 10 kb

The customer has a new BI process that collect data and send it to the CRM system.
    Sometime there are no data, the source system creates an “empty” file.
    The file is not empty because there is the header information, but no data.
    Customer asked me to create an alarm, if a file smaller than 10 kb would be found.
    I hoped to find this function into the Data Monitoring, but was not.
    I think this could be a good function for a future version.

- Idea shared by Nicolas Blatter

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Process Monitoring should be able to use 'last day of month' as an option

We have a process we want to monitor that runs on the last day of each month. There is no way to setup a Process Monitor to monitor this. Currently you must specify the exact day of the month and if that day doesn't exist in the current month than the process is ignored.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. User access profile

Hello BizTalk360 team,

I am helping TF1 test your monitoring solution and after my first presentation to different users, I have some remarks from them which I think might interest you :
    · User management : possibility to create management profiles, and attach those profiles to users. I am aware that we can achieve something similar through AD groups, but they don’t seem to be very enthusiastic about it – mainly because the process of requesting membership to a specific AD group is slow…
    · Graphical flow tracking and Message Box Queries (In particular, but this suggestion may apply to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Existing Feature Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Functionality request regarding Data Monitoring

We have a need for functionality regarding the filtering by time range in Data Monitoring.
    We have a case where we are moving data from customer’s ERP to their CRM daily using BizTalk.
    And sometimes those transfers fail.
    If the transfer is older than 24h it already obsolete and we would like to get rid of that kind of BizTalk instances using the Data Monitoring.
    As far as I know there is no way to setup it a way where it would terminate the instance if the creation date is older than 24h from current time?
    The closest we have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Existing Feature Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reserved space in Collapsed view-Monitoring Dashboard

We plan to use the Monitoring Dashboard on a wallboard, and would like to use the collapsed view of the Monitoring Dashboard. So that the reserved for tree views of BizTalk servers, SQL Server Instances, and BizTalk Environment will be hidden and we can able to monitor the BizTalk applications alone.

By Jack Lammerts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Existing Feature Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. DR Log Shipping Alerts

Is there any easy way of monitoring the status on the BTS Server Log Shipping Restore Databases job on the DR SQL instance so we can raise alerts if it fails?

We have a client who has a cluster on both the production and DR side so 4 SQL servers total.

I suggested we could set up alerting based on an SQL query but was wondering if there’s a simpler way.

By Jason Gill

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BAM monitor filters

Hello!

Is it possible to have the same evaluation criteria in BAM monitor as there is in process Monitor?
    Ø in process Monitor > = <
    Ø in BAM > =

By Støen May-Britt

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Process monitoring Alarm on specific working days

Is it possible to set up a process monitor alarm that we expect 1 file the 3 working day every month? We have a customer that runs the invoicing process every 3th working day every month. Is this possible in the new function? I have seen the possible to select a date in the month but not working Days.

By Joakim Wadskog.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Independent email configuration for all the ports

We understand Email alerts will be sent only when the count is back to zero when number of alerts reaches its limit. In future versions, we hope independent email configuration for all the ports regardless of alert count with other port failures.

Idea shared by Suveera Nagabhyrava.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Data monitoring custom time

New Message Box data monitoring tool – This new feature to perform actions is great allowing automatically messages to be resumed or terminated. The only issues with that is the minimum frequency we can set is only to 15 minutes and it would be perfect if we are allowed to set lower values like seconds or 1 minute for example. Also the option to send or not a notification for that as sometimes we don’t need the email and the last suggestion is to add the port name as a filter for that as sometimes we only would like to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Requirement in Database query monitoring

Can I make a suggestion to make the 10 second timeout variable somewhere. We have some queries which deliver between 9-11 seconds but are at peak performance.

By Joost Easton.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Functionality Request Regarding "Process Monitor"

Process Monitor to handle acknowledgements.
    For examle
    - System sends an invoice to BizTalk
    - BizTalk do a couple och mappings
    - BizTalk sends Invoice to VAN och directly to customer
    - VAN or Customer sends an xml-ACK to BizTalk with invoicenumber and status
    - BizTalk360 triggers alarm if:
    o No ACK received in x minutes
    o If status in ACK is different from ”OK”
    - View in BizTalk360 that shows
    o What system did send the invoice and when
    o For how long did we have to wait for ACK
    o And more…..
    o Of cource filter to be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alarm to configure and monitor on banking holidays

When creating an alarm and configuring the days of the week and the daily times to monitor a resource, is it possible to specify banking holidays? The customer wants to avoid breaking changes when new versions are released, and so may allow exception cases where they receive notifications we shouldn’t.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base