BizTalk360 - Operations

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. A great place to post your ideas and vote up others. Please share your stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

Please note this site is only to get future ideas and suggestions. If you have any technical challenges with the current version of BizTalk360 please use our support site

Version 9.0.2 is now released. Download and give it a try

You can provide any ideas/suggestions related to Operations & Administration capabilities of BizTalk360 in this forum.

1. Dashboard feature requets

Hello!
    I would like to add a feature.
    I want a simple way to indicate all applications that is missing alarms.

As is now I manually has to go into each application and click through
    Service instances, orchestrations, receive locations and send ports on each and every one.

An overview /table would fill my need with columns for each alarm and Applications on rows

By Niclas Oberg

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Existing Feature Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. EDI searching enhancements in BizTalk360

When you run the EDI Status Report for Interchange/ACK Status, what does Ack Not Expected in the Interchange Status column? Also, can you search by Agreement Name or Port Name? I do not see them as a option in the drop down box for Select Query.

Thank you,
    Diana Poulin

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Existing Feature Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't save results for 'Do not monitor' artifacts

We have quite a lot of servers, and thus quite a few artifacts we monitor. However, we have way more artifacts (NTServices, SQL jobs, etc.) that we do not monitor. But I notice these artifacts still add rows to the table b360_alert_Monitor_LogStateCheck (with ExpectedState 2). This gives us a lot of useless rows in this table for things we don't want to monitor anyway. Is there a way to turn this off? We now have 17 million rows in this table, and we only keep this data for a week (the cleanup job works fine).
    I can write a job…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Query Fault by resubmission status

The idea is to have a additional filter option to ESB module to filter resubmitted messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Consists of a more fine grained access control apart from superuser

Hi BizTalk360,

At my client I have the responsibility of setting up the alarms en monitoring but it seems that I am not the superuser.

Who do I need to have this role, because having this role gives me much more power than needed.

What I imagine that there is a level below superuser to create alarms and possibly another level for setting up the monitoring (where one uses the alarms). Or it can be put in one role.

So basically, the request consists of a more fine grained access control apart from superuser.

By Jasper Defesche

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Customization of alerts

Would it be possible to adjust/customize the alerts, say

o Set email type as not URGENT when the alert is warning/UP alert
    o Set ServiceNow incident notification priority based on the warning/up/error details.

By Srinivas Rao

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alert to event log when license is going to expire

I saw that an error was logged to the event log when it tried to send mail, that the license had expired. Is it possible to add a verification/monitor that will log a warning to the event log that the license is about to get expired?

By Johan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Alerting per Suspended Instance

The requirement is that the customer wants to receive an alert each time a message or instance got suspended. So this is a bit like an event driven approach.
    Applications
    Say you have an alert for Suspended Instances with a Warning threshold of (more than) 0 and an Error threshold of (more than) 5. This would result in getting a notification when:
    a. nothing is suspended yet and
    b. a Message or Instance got suspended
    This is because the Warning threshold is set to (more than) 0. As far as I am aware of, the next notification you would get…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Monitoring alert content improvements

We have done a DR test on our biztalk environment and we received the alert stating “Monitor Error” . When The server XXXX was down during this alert, I expect the alert to say something more alarming like “SERVER DOWN” instead of “Monitor Error”.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Monitoring dashboard improvements on green /red lights

The test was to stop IIS. Simulation of web server crash, malfunction or network error. We performed an IIS Stop service only. No stop of biztalk360 service.

The results: The client browsers keep having the service status green flashing light at top right corner of the Dashboard monitoring portal. And the monitoring icon on the top left turned red saying that the service monitoring service is stopped (which is wrong).

So, on the upper left (blue left panel with the menu), that a red light appeared beside the icons monitoring and analytics. The red light beside monitoring is saying that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Word Wrap/Formatting to Message Details

Messages can be very large, so it's difficult to read them on the same line. We end up downloading them and reformatting them in VS or notepad++... Would be nice to be able to do that directly in 360...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Existing Feature Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Data monitoring with arbitrary interval

I've been informed by BizTalk 360 support that BizTalk 360 currently does not support data monitoring with arbitrary interval, say 7.5 days(180 hours). It would be nice to have this enhancement.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. General propeties disabled on recieve/send ports

I am interested in being able to edit general items, such as being able to click the check boxes to enable track message bodies and properties.

By Todd Swope

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Application status differs in BizTalk360 vs BTS

When trying to configure BizTalk360, we noted this difference between the application lists from BizTalk Admin Console and BizTalk360.

It seems like any application without receive locations, ports, or orchestrations will show as Not Applicable status in 360, when the same application is Started in admin console (The reason for these applications being started is because their MSI installation packages contains BRE rules, and the MSI installation will start them when deploying these)

By Ingemar Berggren

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Email escalation policy

If there are many cascading failures but what I am looking for is something that would either send out a reminder some time later if the system stays down for an extended period or escalate the alert if the recipient doesn't address the problem or is away on vacation.

By Paras Shelawala

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pivot BAM Views in BizTalk360

Would be possible to have the Pivot tables for BAM in BizTalk360.

By Eldert Grootenboer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification of total number of matching results in Messagebox Queries

The customer requested for an enhancement for displaying the total number of records and max matches result as well.

Example: The max matches count is 300. The total records available is 20k

Both the status count should be shown in the data Grid of BizTalk360 across the board.

- Idea shared by David Hickman.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improvements in Installer

Ability to install the Monitoring service in any of the clustered nodes without looking for IIS which has been disabled.

-Idea shared by Kalyan Saravanan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. User access policy

In user access rights, there is options for users which will be allowed to operate on “services instances” for example (Terminate, Resume, Suspend)
    We would like to go even further in security level and specify which task the user can do, for example choose between “Terminate, suspend, resume”.

By Mohammed Hassan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base