BizTalk360 - Operations

We love your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. A great place to post your ideas and vote up others. Please share your stories to help us build a product that best fits your needs.

Please note this site is only to get future ideas and suggestions. If you have any technical challenges with the current version of BizTalk360 please use our support site

Version 9.0.2 is now released. Download and give it a try

You can provide any ideas/suggestions related to Operations & Administration capabilities of BizTalk360 in this forum.

1. Providing dashboard specific User/Group permissions

The ability to replace the home dashboard with a custom one as default. Also required is the ability to apply default custom dashboard by user groups.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Existing Feature Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Format xml message in MessageContent

Is it possible to format xml messages in the MessageContent tab of the Message Properties blade of a suspended instance.
    I cannot verify but they say it was present in version 7.8, but not anymore in v8.3.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Existing Feature Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplicate filters in Advanced Event Viewer & across BizTalk360

When creating a filter in BT 360, you cannot filter on the same item more than once.  Once you select it, you cannot filter on the same item with a different parameter.  For example, in the Advanced Event Viewer, you cannot filter a match on ANY of Type equal to Error OR Type equal to Warning.  And, you can't even get around this by saying not equal to Information. This is something that you can do if you are in the Event viewer, but not in BT 360. 
    This seems to carry over to other areas as well.  For data…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. message volume by schema - more functionality

The widget should Allow for filtering of schemas to see only those that interest me
    Also allow for more information eg - no of messages per schema to be viewed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add XML Support for Export/Import (Alarms)

The settings exports such as Alarms allow only JSON as an export format. Although the format is convenient for web sites and browser applications, it is not as convenient to read and query in text editors. PowerShell querying (Convert-FromJson) seems to be useful to read the exported JSON data, but I request that you add XML support for import/export of settings. Being able to query the settings is important when any bulk changes to alarms are required or when migrating alarms between environments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Format sms notification

By not being able to configure a text message, it makes the SMS notification option useless

Ticket: 14871
    terry.stille@connexusenergy.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Redesign monitoring dashboard

At this moment the monitoring dashboard, especially when displayed on a wallboard, contains a lot of excess white space. If you, for example, only want to display threshold monitoring in collapsed view, you see one sole small representation of the top level, followed by a lot of white space. And only then you get to see the applications you are monitoring.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Existing Feature Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BAM Query Filter expressions

We would like to use "Is Empty"  filter criteria in query expression but it seems that Biztalk360 BAM build query expression does not have that option.

Is it possible to some how build a BAM query in Biztalk360 and have the “Is Empty” filter criteria in use for a text field?

Requested by Anssi Pitkänen, Caruna

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Process monitoring execution result page

The information provided in Data Monitoring Dashboard is enough.

The schedules I configured to monitor the reception of at least 1 file (>0). Even though Condition is showing ‘Greater Than’ I think Expected Count should also show ‘>0’ to be more accurate in the Process monitoring execution result page at Process monitoring dashboard.

By Javier

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Existing Feature Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dashboard feature requets

Hello!
    I would like to add a feature.
    I want a simple way to indicate all applications that is missing alarms.

As is now I manually has to go into each application and click through
    Service instances, orchestrations, receive locations and send ports on each and every one.

An overview /table would fill my need with columns for each alarm and Applications on rows

By Niclas Oberg

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. EDI searching enhancements in BizTalk360

When you run the EDI Status Report for Interchange/ACK Status, what does Ack Not Expected in the Interchange Status column? Also, can you search by Agreement Name or Port Name? I do not see them as a option in the drop down box for Select Query.

Thank you,
    Diana Poulin

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. KB Article for multiple environments

It would be nice if we can able to add KB Article for multiple environments.

By Martin Bergeron

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Existing Feature Enhancement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Auditing capability

Auditing capability on context messages and contents in graphical message flow section.

From (Landstinget Sormland)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Query Fault by resubmission status

The idea is to have a additional filter option to ESB module to filter resubmitted messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Consists of a more fine grained access control apart from superuser

Hi BizTalk360,

At my client I have the responsibility of setting up the alarms en monitoring but it seems that I am not the superuser.

Who do I need to have this role, because having this role gives me much more power than needed.

What I imagine that there is a level below superuser to create alarms and possibly another level for setting up the monitoring (where one uses the alarms). Or it can be put in one role.

So basically, the request consists of a more fine grained access control apart from superuser.

By Jasper Defesche

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. monitoring of service instances that are in this state for longer than set period of time

Would like to know how to monitor running services instances for duration > x minutes. I can see how to monitor by count, but not by duration.

We occasionally see the case where many different service instances are in a running state for an extended period of time (not by design). The issue generally turns out being at the platform level (ie. resource contention on the servers causing multiple hosts to throttle or just hang).

We will work on tuning the hosts, and addressing these types of issues. In the meantime, however, we would like to have awareness when any…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Monitoring alert content improvements

We have done a DR test on our biztalk environment and we received the alert stating “Monitor Error” . When The server XXXX was down during this alert, I expect the alert to say something more alarming like “SERVER DOWN” instead of “Monitor Error”.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Data monitoring with arbitrary interval

I've been informed by BizTalk 360 support that BizTalk 360 currently does not support data monitoring with arbitrary interval, say 7.5 days(180 hours). It would be nice to have this enhancement.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Permissions to control if a user can do 'Terminate instance'

The ability to do 'Terminate' on an instance should be controlled by permissions to make sure that not all users can do this. The consequences of terminating an instance which has ordered delivery enabled on it can be severe since all the messages 'in queue' are deleted when the instance is terminated. Some users should be able to do 'Resume' without have the rigts to do 'Terminate'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Monitoring Free disc Space in GB's

Currently it is possible to monitor free disc space in percentages. It would be handy if monitoring could be done based on free GB's

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base